Why Your Mobile Strategy Should Be About More Than Phones & iPads
Preparing & Designing for a world of Cross Channel Experiences with amazing speaker Kelsey Ruger (aka: the Moleskin)
As the digital landscape continues to evolve, mobile is emerging as the next big initiative for many companies. How can you make mobile work for your business or your clients? What does having a digital strategy mean today?
Why is mobile about more than the devices we use? What affect will new mobile devices have on social media? Should you build for native devices or cross platform?
In our rapidly changing world concepts like "mobile" and "social media" won't matter. It will be more important to understand how our use of and interaction with digital technology has changed. For the next wave of Internet users, mobile will be their first - and for many, their only - “web” experience. They will want to interact with products and services when they want to and how they want to—and that's not always on your website.
Topics that are covered:
- Learn the basic first steps of constructing a mobile brand strategy, and why it doesn't start with devices
- Learn to use Internet, Web, social and context to create seamless customer experience across channels
- Learn the what you can use to build mobile applications and your mobile application team
- Learn the basic mobile & interactive personas you should plan for and how
- Learn the basic tools of design thinking that will help you uncover the real mobile needs of your customers
- Learn the 5 L.E.V.E.R.S of digital strategy and innovation that will help you prepare for mobile and beyond
- Determine if your company or agency is ready to execute a mobile strategy and use your L.E.V.E.R.S